On the opposite side WhatsApp’s new terms-of-service notification contradicts the previous promises. Yesterday, WhatsApp declared that it would start sharing user profile data, phone numbers, online status and status message with Facebook, its parent company.
If you’ve already tapped “Agree”, you can still opt out:
- Launch WhatsApp from your home screen or the app drawer.
- Tap the more button in the top right corner. It looks like three vertical dots.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap the checkbox next to Share my account info.
On the FAQ page it says sharing your information with Facebook will help the two companies “coordinate more.” and will help them “fight spam and abuse” more efficiently. This is to “improve your experiences within(Facebook) services” through targeted ads.
How to stop WhatsApp from sharing your data with Facebook
WhatsApp just changed its terms and conditions, which now allow it to share information, such as your phone number, with Facebook. Use these steps to opt out.
Fortunately, you can opt out and remove yourself from the whole situation very easily.
Here’s how: Easy Steps to How to Stop Whatsapp to share Data with Facebook
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- On Android, tap the action overflow button in the upper right corner and select Settings. On iOS, tap the Settings tab in the lower right corner.
- Select Account.
- Tap the check mark to the right of Share my account info.
- To disable the feature, tap Don’t Share.
The pop-up that appears reads, “If you tap ‘Don’t Share’, you won’t be able to change this in the future.” And they mean it. After you follow through with this action, the option will no longer be visible from the Account section of Settings and there is no turning back.
So, be careful while opting the new terms and conditions on WhatsApp. Don’t press the “Agree” button blindly, rather press “ read more” button below, thereafter, uncheck the check-box that says
New Notification “ Share my WhatsaApp account information with Facebook.”
Nothing to worry if you have accepted these terms by a mistake. Go to WhatsApp setting menu, then click on account tab. From there you can uncheck the check-box that says “Share my account info”, thus stop sharing your data to Facebook.
More>> how to use dual whatsapp