India is a place with numerous tourist destinations and if you are living in India then you must try and visit them one by one at an interval of 6 months or a year. This will offer you twin benefit, at first you will get break from your scheduled and busy life and next you will be able to explore the beauty of your own nation and hence can boost about your pride of being an Indian. On the contrary, if you are coming from a distant land then you must come on a long term holiday for exploring this incredible nation.
You can make arrangements for your trip in just a few clicks. You can book flight via Makemytrip international flights, in addition to this you can also make prior bookings for your stay, car etc.
Dalhousie is one of the best places to visit in India. The place is best for a family holiday as well as for honeymoon. The best time for visiting the place is from March to November. There are around 25 tourist destinations in Dalhousie and the tourist or the traveler must stay for two to three days for exploring the entire tourist destination.
Know tourist places in Dalhousie
There are numerous top notch places to visit in Dalhousie. Some of them are listed below –
- Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary – the place is situated in the Chamba district. Deodar trees cover the entire forest and in addition to it you will find numerous birds and animals for example Barking goral, Langur, Serow, leopard etc. The sanctuary is spread over a huge area of around 1962 hectares.
- Panchpula – the place is three km away from Dalhousie. The meaning of word Panchpula is five bridges. You will get to see the Samadhi built in memory of great revolutionist Sardar Ajit Singh. On your way to the place you will come across Satdhara spring fall. The fresh water of this spring fall is said to contain healing properties.
- Chamera Lake – the place is approximately twenty five kilometers away from Dalhousie. Visitors can opt for various activities here like boating, angling, fishing etc. In addition to that there are various sports available such as river rafting, canoeing, motor boating and kayaking which you can enjoy.
- Dainkund Peak – it is highest mountain of Dalhousie. Visitors can have a 360 degree view of valley from Dainkund Peak. The Indian air force occupies the top of the hill. You can also visit Pholani Devi temple from the peak.
- Chamunda Devi Temple – it is among the most famous temples of the region. The temple is devoted to Hindu goddess kali and hence attracts numerous devotees from all round the country. It is believed that the temple is there from around 750 years.
In addition to the places listed above, some of the other top notch places are Subhash Baoli, Satdhara Falls, St. Francis Church, St. John’s Church, Bhuri Singh Museum etc. If you are visiting the place in peak season then it is advisable to opt for prior bookings. You may book your hotel, vehicle etc. via web. In addition you can grab Cleartrip flight coupons, discount offers etc. for cracking the cost effective deals.