The country woke up to the sad news of veteran Bollywood actor and writer Kader Khan passing away in Canada after battling prolonged illness. He had been battling the degenerative disease Progressive Supra nuclear Palsy for nearly 4-5 months which had restricted his walking and also resulted in dementia.
According to his son Sarfaraz, Kader Khan passed away at 6 P.M. local time on 31st December, after being on Bi PAP ventilator due to respiratory issues.The last rites will be performed in Canada as his entire family is living there. The entire nation is mourning is the loss of this maverick who had featured in more than 300 movies and wrote dialogues for 250.
Born on 22nd October, 1935 in Kabul, Afghanistan, he made his acting debut with Rajesh Khanna’s Daag in 1973. His stardom can be attributed to another star – Dilip Kumar who was instrumental in ensuring his entry in the film industry.
Kader Khan eventually earned a huge name for himself in the genre of comedy, collaborating with David Dhawan. He had started writing dialogues before becoming an actor; Jaya Bachhan-Randhir Kapoor’s “Jawani Diwani” being one of those movies.
As a screenplay writer he collaborated frequently with both Prakash Mehra and Manmohan Desai. Here’s some interesting trivia about the actor:
- He was an engineer by education and was teaching as Professor of Civil Engineering in M.H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering, Mumbai.
- He donned many hats during his career as actor, dialogue writer, script writer & director.
- He had written dialogues for almost 1000 films!
- He had a fabulous tuning with actor Govinda. This duo was immensely loved and cheered for by audience.
- He was recognised by AFMI (American Federation of Muslims of India) for his achievements and service to the Muslim community in India.
- Some of his most memorable movies include Shehenshah, Suhaag, Raja Babu, Bade Miyan Chhote Miyan, Coolie, Sharabi.
Latest posts by Amit Kumar (see all)
- 5 Comfortable Night Suits For All Seasons - July 10, 2019
- History Of Sequins In Fashion. - July 10, 2019
- Ankur Chawla – Entrepreneur, Sommelier, Author, Speaker - July 4, 2019