None can deny the fact that parlours taking care of the beauty of females have occupied one of the important spaces in their lives. Even men today are dependent on parlours to maintain their skin, hair and body care. Parlours both for men and women or unisex salons have indeed become a necessity for the people located at every corner of the cities, towns and even in the villages.
However, with the deadly covid-19 which has compelled the people to lock themselves in and the parlours obviously with their shutters down, are the beauty conscious people troubled finding no way to reach their favourite skin and body care centres?
Covid -19 has indeed taught humans to find out ways to live a life without luxuries and comfort we buy, and have pushed us to find out our own ways keep ourselves stick to our routines and our necessities. Now, it’s time to go back to the age of the kings and queens who took to natural ways for their skin and body care when the fancy parlours had time to take birth. Why not find out home remedies to take care of ourselves?
Your skin needs extreme care in this season and with the virus threatening us outside our homes, let’s protect our skin:
- Milk is said to be a good cleanser. If you cannot go out to buy a cleanser or take quick massage in the parlour, take a cotton bud and clean your face with milk. To bring a glow on your face which you generally experience after enjoying a facial session, you may take honey for your help. Take a cotton bud and rub your face with honey. If lemon is available at home, take a bowl and mix honey and lemon and with the help of cotton bud apply on your face and neck. Keep it for a while and wash your face. You will feel your skin to be rejuvenating and glowing. It will also help you in getting rid of pimples.
- Gram flour which we generally call besan is a naturalexfoliator which helps to remove the dead cells. If you are running out of scrub, get into the kitchen, take few spoons of besan, mix with yoghurt (which you can prepare at home) and scrub your face, and in fact you can scrub your body while taking bath to have a glowing skin. To make it more effective, mix it with few drops of lemon and honey.
- The use of turmeric which heals your wounds is the oldest way to keep our skin healthy and glow. Mix turmeric with honey and lemon (you can avoid too) or if you have rose water and apply on your face. You will see your skin glowing and make you feel fresh.
- Oh yes, you will also need a face mask and what can be the best other than turmeric and mint. Make a paste with rose water or milk/yoghurt and apply. Lemon and honey too make a rejuvenating face pack. Curd and gram flour make a good face pack too.
What would you do when you can’t go out to the parlour to wax your hands and legs to get rid of your unwanted hair?
- You just need granulated sugar, honey, lemon juice and water if at all the paste needs. Melt the sugar as if you are caramelizing. Add honey and lemon juice to make a smooth paste and a spoon of water. Let it cool. Please don’t burn yourself. Make strips with cotton or linen cloth. Do not forget to dust the area with powder (baby powder or talcum). Apply the home-made wax and get rid of your unwanted hair.
You must also feel like giving a healthy treatment to your hair.
- Oil your hair before shampoo. Do not let your hair dry.
- Egg is believed to be a very good conditioner. Massage your hair with honey and olive oil and wash off after 20-25 minutes to have well-conditioned shiny hair.
- If you have aloe vera plant in your garden, you are blessed. Blend aloe vera juice with coconut oil and lemon juice. Apply on your scalp and hair and feel the difference.
Above all, exercise, meditate, take yoga to be the greatest treatment for your skin, hair and the proper functioning of your body. Drink plenty of water, avoid fried food items and eat healthy and food cooked with minimum oil. And, you will never feel the necessity of going out and to dare the corona virus. Practise healthy habits, stay home, stay beautiful and stay safe!
- Facebook Traps Through False Identity By Mousumi Kalita Sachdeva - March 18, 2021
- Episode – 10 – On Her Command.. - December 18, 2020
- Episode – 9 – On Her Command.. - December 17, 2020