Elon Musk: The Inventor, Innovator, Explorer and Engineer.
The recent explosion of SpaceX rocket last week is in news. How much do you know about the man behind SpaceX?
With an estimated net worth of US$12.7 billion (June 2016), Musk is the 83rd wealthiest person in the world.
A South African entrepreneur.
- He is the founder, CTO and CEO of SpaceX, a space transport and an aerospace manufacturer company.
- Co-founder of Zip2, Started as an online city guide, it soon stated to provide content for the new websites of both the and the Chicago Tribune and the New York Times .
- Founder of X.com money transfer service which later merged with PayPal of Confinity.
- Co-founder, product architect and CEO of Tesla Motors, the manufacturer of electric vehicles.
- Co-founder and chairman of SolarCity. Headquartered at San Mateo, California, SolarCity Corporation is a provider of clean energy services. It provides solar power systems for businesses, governments and homes.
- Co-chairman of OpenAI, a non-profit artificial intelligence research company.
“Some interesting facts about Musk.”
- He is envisioning Hyperloop, a high-speed transportation system that runs from air compressors and linear induction motors.
- By selling his start-up company, Zip2 he became a multimillionaire in his late 20s.
- He brought his first PC at the age of 10, learned to program by his own. At 12 he coded his first video game, Blastar and sold it for US$500 to a PC magazine.
- Just after 2 days, he left Stanford University where he had enrolled to pursue course in Applied Physics and Materials Science to start his IT company Zip2.