So you’ve completed your diploma in social work and are ready to start changing the world, one project at a time?
The primary goal of the profession of social work is to assist families and individuals who are struggling with life issues. The practise of social work encourages growth, social change, cohesiveness, and community and individual empowerment.
The profession of social work requires a deeper comprehension of human growth, behaviour, and interactions on a social, economic, and cultural level. By offering civil rights, disability pay, unemployment insurance, workers’ compensation, Medicare, Medicaid, reduced mental health, neglect prevention, child abuse, and other benefits, social work experts typically work with institutions and families to have them. Before you launch into your first project, there are a few things you need to know:-
- First, remember that social work is a challenging field. You will be dealing with people who are going through some of the worst times of their lives, and they may not be happy to see you. You need to be prepared for resistance and criticism.
- Second, make sure you have a good team behind you. You can’t do it all alone, and you need people who share your vision and who will support you through tough times.
- Finally, be prepared to put in long hours and lots of hard work. If you’re up for the challenge, then social work is definitely a very rewarding field.
- Certificate: Class X or XII pass from a reputable board with 50%.
- Diploma course in Social Work: Class XII graduation from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.
- PG Diploma in Social Work: Completion of social work as a subject at an accredited university.
- UG: Pass the 10+2 exam with a reputable board.
- PG: A passing grade in undergraduate with social work as a discipline from an accredited university.
- PhD: Successful completion of a PG programme with Social Work Science as a major subject.
Top Colleges Offering Diploma Courses in Bhopal
Among all top arts colleges in Bhopal, Mansarovar Global University (MGU) is the most reputed and prestigious university in Bhopal. The department of social work is highly skilled and well-trained. Students who got a diploma in social work from MGU, now serve in various NGOs, government organisations, and the private sector as well. Being the best university in Bhopal, MGU has the best placement cell that provides placement to all deserving students.
Master’s degree in social work:
Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work (PGDSW) The academic diploma programme lasts one year.
- A postgraduate diploma in social work allows for social work specialisation. The goal of this training is to aid the impoverished and needy people.
- Through performing their duties, kids will learn how to assist the underprivileged.
- This course will increase awareness and work to alter people’s attitudes and the way society functions.
- Students who cannot afford full-time study can apply to this part-time programme or remote learning, which offers a PG Diploma in social work.
Volunteer Opportunities After Diploma in Social Work in India:
After completing your diploma in social work, you have a number of options for your career.
- One option is to volunteer with a non-profit organization. This will give you valuable experience and allow you to make a difference in the lives of others.
- You could also choose to work with a government agency or a social service organization. These organizations are always in need of qualified social workers, and they offer a variety of challenging and rewarding opportunities.
- Finally, you could pursue a career in human resources or research. Both of these fields are growing rapidly, and they offer many opportunities for advancement.
Project Director: Project coordinators support project team managers by coordinating meetings, equipment, resources, and other resources. Additionally, they plan numerous initiatives by establishing objectives and adhering to deadlines and budgets.
Manager of Social and Community Services: Community and social service managers are responsible for managing an organization’s internet presence, developing its voice, and raising its brand awareness in the neighbourhood.
Assistant in Social and Human Services: The duties of a social and human service assistant include assisting social workers with clients who are in need, providing guidance and community services, and working under social workers. The social work assistant also works with persons who have impairments, impoverished families, elderly veterans, migrants, inmates, and the homeless to provide access to government services and handle the paperwork.
Social Worker: A social worker’s job is to assist clients with their day-to-day challenges as well as those related to abuse, mental illness, domestic violence, carelessness, parent abuse, and addressing psychological and emotional disorders.
It is to be noted that almost every job profile of a social worker holds a salary bracket of INR 3.6 LPA to INR 8.4 LPA.
Along with assisting clients, social workers also offer case management services including billing, sustaining collateral connections, making calls, and networking with other care providers. In order to provide clinical case management and psychological assistance, one must be very organised and have the capacity to set priorities based on the criticality of a client’s needs.
In social work, it’s crucial to have an intellectual, cultural, and emotional understanding of others. It is nearly impossible to assist people without empathy or understanding. Empathy is the capacity to put oneself in another person’s shoes and share some of their potential feelings. Like all talents, empathy can be learned and developed. Although most persons who choose to work as social workers are already empathic by nature, it still benefits from practise.
The work of social workers can be emotionally taxing. Being committed can drain you physically and emotionally. You must look after your emotional and psychological needs if you want to maintain good health and a successful practise. If you take action to strengthen your personal skills and capacities, you will experience greater fulfilment from your profession and be a more valuable helper to your customers.
Social workers assist a variety of people. A fundamental aspect of social work practise is being sensitive to cultural differences and treating clients who come from various racial, socioeconomic, and ethnic groupings with respect and openness.
After getting a diploma in social work, you will be able to work in various social welfare organizations. On the other hand, if you wish to continue your studies, you pursue a PG Diploma in social work. After receiving your diploma in social work from MGU, you can easily get a well-paid job in the public or private sector as per your need. Moreover, you will also be able to do independent practice and work as a consultant.