This blog will tell you in detail how you can prepare yourselves for the skills required by the industry. Remember many of your friends will tell you to do nothing & enjoy this valuable break, but also remember, the one who is prepared grabs the golden opportunity first.
So, the important things that you students of engineering should focus upon are:
- Academics: Remember all good companies insist on 60% all throughout i.e. 10th, 12th/diploma & graduation (BE) should have 60% marks. So maintain this target.
- Aptitude: In every good company, the first step towards recruitment is to conduct an aptitude test. It’s a race against time. The more you take aptitude tests the better your chance to clear the test.
You should take at least 15/20/25 mock online aptitude tests in one academic year to launch yourselves successfully. Some popular & free websites are: shikuyaa.com, indiabix.com, firstnaukri.com, TCSnext, Syntel, InfytQ etc. These companies (TCS, Infosys, wipro etc.) recruit students from any college all over India & are open to all. They are mass recruiters & recruit in thousands. CSE/IT students are readily accepted but E&TC students are also equally accepted.
At the same time without neglecting, core branches students (civil, mechanical, and electrical) should also prepare for programming (C, C++, Java, Python etc) as they will also benefit from these mass recruitment opportunities, which are in thousands. This is called plan ‘B’.
- Technical: Students must prepare for GATE exam. This will make you perfect to face the technical interview & brush up your knowledge from 2nd, 3rd & final yr.
- Communication: This consists of GD (group discussion) & personal interview. For this student should form a small group, select a topic & using skype, whatsapp, zoom, vmo video calling etc should practice the process which should be sufficient.
- Programming: Earlier in companies, clearing aptitude test was sufficient as the recruitment needs were huge. But now, companies are asking for programming also. So it’s better to have knowledge about computer programs (C, C++, Java, Python etc). Use websites like: hacker earth, hacker rank etc & learn to crack their problems & rank yourselves.
Websites like freelancer, upwork provide very good quality problem statements & you can test your knowledge as a true engineer.
Participate in technical contests like: tech-fest, hackathon, mindsport, TCS codevita, KPIT sparkle etc.
- Other skills: Apart from the above, you also need to learn & focus on: adaptability, listening, problem solving, team work & creativity skills also.
- Why Indians love online casinos - June 29, 2020
- वर्ल्ड रिकॉर्ड होल्डर संस्था ने लॉकडाउन में लांच किया ऑनलाइन ब्यूटी कॉन्टेस्ट - June 28, 2020
- Tips and Strategies to Crack CAT 2020, check latest updates - June 28, 2020