We all sometimes get toxicities by negative thoughts that put us down and keep us stuck and hence lower down our self-esteem. We become judgemental of ourselves and fears and worries grip us. These are the times when our confidence starts shattering g and we start disbelieving our own self.
So what to do when this negative junk attacks you. The solution is very simple and easy. First of all you must know that negative thoughts are pretty normal and all of us get in to this everyday on average and believe me even if you reassure yourself of possessing something, this is also a kind of negativity as your happiness depended on this particular thing, but it’s a quiet normal behaviour, so don’t worry.
Secondly do not believe in your negative thoughts and consider it as a very temporary state. Believe that you can separate your thoughts and belief system. Let yourself pass through the filter of your perceptions and come to believe that your are just perfect.
You can feel positive despite having negative thoughts without ignoring the negativity but overcoming the depressing beliefs.
Meditation can help you to come out of the state of anxiety and depression:
1. When you start meditation first thing that changes is your body language, as you try to sit at a quiet place relaxing your body. So when you frown and get angry meditate and sit straight in a confident manner with a smile and trust me half work is done towards feeling better.
2. Meditation calms your racing mind and slows down the rush of negativity. It is definitely difficult to control the speed of negative thoughts and so they fill your mind very easily, but meditation can enable you to control what fills your mind and what you need to empty.
3. Meditation changes your perspective as how you view the things and makes you think positive. A relaxed mind is more open and can view the activities around in a broader perspective and understand the other and better side of everything happening around with more positivity.
4. Meditation makes you more creative as it makes the right side of your brain more active and creativity is the best tool to keep the negative thoughts away. Your creations, even smaller ones fills you with a sense of achievement and accomplishment and that make you feel more confident and positive about yourself.
5. Walking is also a kind of meditation as this is your best my time. Walking helps to clear the negativity thoughts because as you walk your mind partly gets equipped controlling your walk and change of atmosphere also affects you positively.
6 Speak out to yourself and you will feel better. You are your best friend so trust yourself and speak about your feelings to your own self.
Yeah! This is also something like meditating but you need to be verbal so that your ears hear what you speak. This will help you help you to view the current situation in broader perspective and you may also find some solution while you feel better too. Needless to say but you feel secure as your secret still remains yours though you spoke pout to someone and that gives you another reason to feel confident.
So negative thoughts are not that bad as they sometimes may prove to be the gateway to the better and positive things that lie just in front of us but we just ignore them by taking us for granted.
Latest posts by Richa Aggarwal (see all)
- Dowry – An Issue Common To All Parents In All Cultures - April 24, 2017
- If He Is The One For You…. Forever - April 16, 2017
- Know Your Skin – It’s The Best Asset you Have - April 16, 2017