Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main,JEE Advance) is a national level engineering entrance exam that provides a gateway for admission to many engineering colleges in India like IITs, NITs, GFTIs, etc.
Highlights of JEE-Main 2020
|Exam frequency||Twice a year|
|Application form||February 7, 2020 to March 6, 2020|
|Correction Window||March 8 to 12, 2020|
|Admit Card||March 20, 2020|
|Exam date||April 5 to 11, 2020|
|Result||April 30, 2020|
|No. of papers||Three|
- JEE Main has been conducted in January from Jan 6th-9th 2020. The answer keys and result has been declared in the month of January for both the papers.
- In 2020, a new change has been implemented. Till 2019, JEE-Main was composed of only two papers where now Paper 3 has been added. Application fees have been increased as compared to last year.
- The number of questions in the jee main exam has been decreased to 25 questions. Also, besides the MCQs in the paper, there will be questions whose answers are to be filled as numerical values.
- This year Aadhar card is not compulsory to apply for JEE Mains 2020 entrance exams.
- Candidates securing a place among the top 2, 45,000 will be eligible to appear for JEE advanced.
As the exam is conducted twice, the second exam is going to be held between April 5, 7, 8, 9 and 11. The application form had been made available from February 7th. Candidates will be able to submit the application form until March 6th. The application fee can be paid until March 7th (11:50 pm). The image correction window is also open for all the registered candidates.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
This year, NTA has made some changes to the exam eligibility. The changes are as follow:-
- No age limit
- Candidate need to pass class 12 or equivalent examination in 2018 or 2019 or candidate appearing in 2020 are eligible for the exam
- The candidate is required to pass class 12 with 75% marks and 65% for the reserved category.
- To be eligible for paper 1 candidates must have physics, mathematics or Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subjects as core subjects.
- To be eligible for paper 2 candidates must have mathematics as the main subject.
- To be eligible for paper 3 candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Maths as the main subject in class 12th
JEE Main Application Process
Application form for the JEE Main April session is available from February 7, 2020 to March 6, 2020. JEE Main application process is a completely online process.
Steps to Fill Application Form
Candidates who want to reappear for the April session are required to login with their January credentials. They do not need to register again for the April session.
- Candidate should visit the official website
- Candidates are required to click on “Application Form for JEE Main 2020”
- Appeared candidates click on “Apply with JEE Main January 2020 credential” and Candidate who has not registered or appear for JEE Main 2020 January session click on fresh candidates only.
- Fresh candidates need to register and login
- Enter the required information and then submit
- All details should be correct
- After registration, the candidate will get an application number that will require further usage.
- Upload photo, signature, and thumb impression
- Pay application fee
- Select 4 preferred choice for exam center
- Take a printout of application form
Documents which are required to upload:-
- Scanned Photograph- Size must between 10 Kb to 200 Kb
- Scanned Signature- Size must between 4 Kb to 30 Kb
- Photograph and signature should be in jpg/jpeg format.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
NTA will make JEE Main admit card available from March 20, 2020. Candidates are required to login on the official site to download the admit card. Candidates should download admit cards before the deadline, NTA will provide admit cards in offline mode.
The information mentioned on Admit Card:-
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Roll Number
- Application Number
- Exam Center Detail such as Time, Date, Paper
- Exam Date
- State Code of eligibility
- Candidate’s Photograph and signature
Application Fee – Candidates participating for exam centers in India
|Paper (s) appearing||General/OBC (Rs.)||SC/ST/PWD/Transgender (Rs.)|
|JEE Main (any one paper)||650||325|
|Both JEE Main Paper||1300||650|
JEE Main 2020 Pattern for BE/B.Tech and BArch
|Particulars||BE/B.Tech (Paper 1)||BArch (Paper 2)|
|Exam mode||Online||Online (Mathematics and Aptitude) and offline (Drawing test)|
|subjects||Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics||Drawing, Mathematics, and Aptitude|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes||180 minutes|
|Number of questions||75 (20 + 5 questions per section)||77 questions Mathematics: 25 Aptitude: 50 Drawing: 2|
|Type of questions||MCQs; 4 options with only 1 correct option Objective Type – MCQs and Questions for which answer is a numerical value.||Mathematics and Aptitude: Objective type questions Drawing: questions regarding drawing and sketching skills.|
|Marks||300 marks||400 marks|
New Change In JEE Main (Paper 3-bplan):
|Particulars||B.Plan (Paper 3)|
|subjects||Mathematics, Aptitude and Planning Based Questions|
|Duration of exam||180 minutes|
|Number of questions||100 (Mathematics: 25 questions, Aptitude: 50 and Planning Based Questions: 25)|
|Type of questions||Mathematics and Aptitude Planning Based Questions – Multiple Choice Questions|
The examination will be held in the morning and evening shift at 233 test centers in India and 9 abroad.