When someone you love passes away, there are many other people who are intimately affected by the loss. Since your loved one touched so many lives from day to day, it is important to let those who cherished them send them off with some kind words and honoring display.
An obituary is a way to formally honor the one you lost by telling people about who they were in life, what they accomplished and about the family members that they left behind.
What is an obituary?
An obituary is a summary of someone’s life here on earth. It is not only a statement about the facts that sum up who someone was in relation to others, but also what they meant to those around them. It talks about what they did with their life and who loved.
An obituary is usually composed in paragraph form and tells the story of your loved one from the time they graced this earth until the time that they had to leave it. Things like their birthday, anniversaries, professional accomplishments and educational attainments are all things that are typically included.
How is an obituary composed?
Usually, someone close to the deceased who knew them best will write the obituary, but if there is no one who feels that they can write the obituaries in Winnipeg the way that it should be written, then it is possible for the someone else to write it or even for the funeral home who is handling the burial to take care of the obituary for you.
If you are going to write it by yourself, then you will want to consult family members what others might want including. After all, an obituary is a compilation of memories that should celebrate someone’s life. All off those people who were touched by their presence should have a chance to be heard.
If you are going to enter the obituary into a paper or online forum, make sure that you know of any length restrictions. Typically, when an obituary is published, there are restrictions on how many words or paragraphs it can have.
You also will want to write the piece in a timely fashion. It should be published locally and online within a couple of days of your burial services so that those who have to make arrangements to either travel or to take time from their schedule will have enough advanced notice to do so.
It is also important that you include all the details that people will need to know if you are having either a traditional burial or a memorial service. Include things in the obituary like the date and the time of the services honoring your loved one. Also be sure to include the addresses where services will be held. In some instances, the obituary will be the only invitation that those far removed will have as well as the only opportunity that they will have to know of your loved one’s passing.
write the obituary on your own
If you choose to write the obituary on your own, you can craft it as you please. But, if you want to make sure that all the pertinent information is present, include:
- The announcement of your loved one’s death including their name, the date of their passing and, if you want, the circumstances surrounding their death
- All the biographical information of their life such as where they were born, their education, their professional accomplishments and any other activities that they hold near and dear to their heart
- The names or important roles of anyone who survived the deceased including their spouse, parents, and children
- The date, time and location of any services being held in their honor
- A place for cards or flowers to be sent or a favorite cause or charity to donate to in lieu of traditional flowers
An obituary is a way to tell people of the passing of your loved one. Since you can’t possibly reach everyone individually, it is an important notification of someone’s death as well as a celebration of their life. If you are writing it yourself, remember that you can’t do it wrong if you do it with all your love.
Latest posts by Amit Kumar (see all)
- PH Economy Stays Strong with the Current Construction Boom - November 18, 2019
- Using Finance for Your Grocery Store - November 15, 2019
- Bigg Boss 13 contestants List - October 29, 2019